Tree Lighting Ceremony
December 2, 2016, 5:00 to 6:00pm
Civic Center Plaza
- Welcome Remarks from City and Community Representatives
- Performances by the Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco
- Toy Drive in conjunction with Another Planet Entertainment and the SF Police Department
- Children’s sing-along to “Rudolph, the Red Nose Reindeer.”
The tree lighting is sponsored by the Civic Center CBD, San Francisco Department of Recreation and Parks, Another Planet Entertainment, San Francisco Conservatory of Music, and MJM Management
Free Holiday Concerts
- Brass Quintets from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Mostly Madrigals, a caroling quartet.
Nontraditional in format, the concerts are outside the referenced venue or on the corner near that venue. In case of rain, all outdoor concerts will move to under the marquee at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, 99 Grove St. The following is a schedule of performances including locations and performer:
The Civic Center Community Benefit District (CBD) is bringing holiday cheer, once again, to the neighborhood by presenting its musical event, “Holiday Fanfare,” starting December 2, 2016. In our fourth season, we are presenting a Tree Lighting Ceremony, 22 Concerts, and Parking Specials.
San Francisco’s Civic Center is the home of local, state and federal government offices, combined with award-winning performing arts institutions in a changing neighborhood designated as a National Landmark. The Civic Center Community Benefit District (CBD) was formed to improve the image, safety, beauty and cleanliness of the Civic Center area for the benefit of all.